Monday, November 18, 2013

My Boring Old Blog

Over the last couple of weeks I've stumbled upon some really beautiful websites.  They have tabs across the top, banners along the side(s), coordinating colors, and a million buttons to click on that take you who-knows-where.  

Confession:  I never read anyone else's blog.  I'm so sorry.  On the rare occasion that I find myself on one, I admit to feeling overwhelmed and inadequate.  Not only do I not know how to do all that stuff, I have no interest in figuring it out!  And I call myself a blogger!  Ha!


Banned From Baby Showers is simple.  For the last six years, it's just a place where I've put down my thoughts -- mostly related to birth and breastfeeding, with an occasional personal post thrown in the mix. I've never really advertised any products, although there have been a handful that I thought were pretty cool and told you so.  

So, this is a thank you post.  Thanks for sticking around despite the lack of buttons and tabs.  Thanks for hearing me out, even when you disagree.  It's an honor to get emails from so many people telling me that reading my simple blog has helped them have a better birth.  That, my friends, is my goal. 

Birth Boot Camp is growing like crazy.  I am finding that it takes a lot of time which pulls me away from this blog.  I still try to post on Mondays, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.  Thanks for understanding.  I can't tell you how much Sarah (Mama Birth) and I enjoy meeting so many of you at Birth Boot Camp training who got there because you read our blogs.  Of course, her blog is much more interesting -- check out all her tabs and buttons! -- than mine. ;-)  When people meet Sarah they all say that she is so much nicer in person than they expected (it's because of the sarcasm). But with me, they say I'm exactly the same -- well, except that my hair is even bigger than they expected and my love for Tim McGraw runs deeper than they realized. (I'm quickly becoming a Chris Young fan, but we can save that for another day.)

Anyway, thanks again y'all!  Hope you'll continue to stick around.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I think it's great that you're making a difference on the front line now with Birth Boot Camp. Great job, you have worked incredibly hard for this!!

Jennifer Valencia said...

Hey! Glad this made me think of it- you do have some setting on that makes your blogs impossible, or at least very difficult to link! I'd love to pin your stuff and share certain posts but sometimes, when I'm sharing I'd like to make a direct comment. Problem is, if I pin/share with a comment and someone clicks the link it goes straight to your home page and not the blog I may be referring to. I'm not tech savy, but I've heard a couple times what this setting is but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head but I really think you should fix that setting so that you can be shared easier.

Donna Ryan said...

Jennifer, you speak a different language! Ha! When you figure it out, let me know what to do! Thanks for reading. :-)